Tuesday, 1 March 2016

CAS Mix Up March Challenge

Welcome to the first challenge at CAS Mix Up.  We are so excited to be hosting this challenge!

This challenge is about using mixed media on our cards yet keeping them CAS (Clean and Simple).

We'll give you a challenge each month using stamping and one mixed media technique or product. You choose one more mixed media element (or more if you'd like).  Just remember to keep your cards CAS.

Here's our first challenge.




This month we want to see some watercoloring on your cards.  Make sure to include some stamping (a little or a lot), watercoloring, and then pick something from the "Your Choice" list in the right sidebar to add in.  

Along with our sample cards, we are happy to welcome Susan Bridgman (Cardmaker's Garret) as our Featured Designer. Susan is an amazing artist and loves to use mixed media.  We hope you'll visit her blog and see how she created her beautiful card.

And here's our sample cards.


Featured Designer - Susan

Using Stamping, Watercolouring, Die Cut and Burlap.

  
Bonnie

Using Stamping, (Negative) Watercoloring, Die Cutting and Splatter.


Loll

Using Stamping, Acetate Smooshing (Watercolouring), and Die-Cuts with Shaping.

-----

We are also providing a few YouTube videos for you to watch if you'd like.  Included are three videos that cover the three techniques used in our sample cards:

Watercolour Wash by Bob Davies (5:14) --- Lots of great tips in this video!  See Susan's sample card of her watercolour wash.

Negative Painting by Mark Mitchell (5:50) --- More great tips!  Outline stamp may be used instead of freehand drawing.  See Bonnie's sample card of her negative painting.

Acetate Smooshing by Laura Bassen (5:59) Easy and fun technique! --- See Loll's sample card of her acetate smooshing.

-----

The challenge is open until March 24th, so there's lots of time to play along.  Come join in the fun!  Grab your watercolors and let's play.




36 comments:

  1. Oooo! Looks like my kind of challenge since I'm smitten with my Spectrum Aqua markers. :-). I even have an idea brewing already! What fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely down my street!Must get my thinking cap on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab makes, ladies, and I love the idea of adding links to technique videos. Cannot wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good my friends! I'm so excited for you both and hope to play along! Good luck in this new venture and you are off to a flying start with these wonderful examples for us! Have a great month! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting! Thanks for options tips on the sidebar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - this post is up! I've been waiting patiently! Wonderful samples to inspire us ladies - and how thoughtful that you link to videos to educate us on the techniques!! Can't wait to make my card and link it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, ladies! Congrats on the new challenge blog. Wishing you every success, you deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, ladies. Beautiful makes. t his is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, fabulous start, ladies! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations ladies..... this is going to be fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie and Loll,
    I'm so glad that started your challenges. When I had recovered after the funeral of my brother, I'll try to join.
    With love,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great start Bonnie and Loll, and fantastic inspiration for your new challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. looking forward to your challenge - will have a go asap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited that your first challenge is up! Best wishes for lots of success!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, what wonderful inspiration you ladies have given us! All your cards are amazing and I can't wait to try my hand at this challenge. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Loll and Bonnie, on the first challenge! And thank you so much for asking me to be the first Featured Designer. I'm looking forward to the future challenges and seeing what you two and the successive Featured Designers come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to joining in. Thank you for the gorgeous and fabulous inspiration from the three of you x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this opportunity to get back into the Challenge arena...Congrats on your new site!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yayness!! Awesome creations and can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made it! Thank you for the fun new challenge, my friends! Your cards, and Susan's, are wonderful inspiration!! You're off to a great start!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh fab idea for a new challenge! Looking forward to this every month x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations, Bonnie and Loll! I'm so happy that you've started this new challenge, and I wish you lots of success! You can definitely count me in to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to a new blog and thanks for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Bonnie and Loll. Lovely cards for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I am going to LOVE taking part in this challenge, what a fab idea for a challenge, definitely one to encourage our creativity and you've brought us some wonderful inspiration
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the idea behind the challenge, I also think CAS and mixed media mix well (pun intended hehe). Thanks for a fabulous challenge, had so much fun playing along and will be back often!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think I have done a CAS and mixed media card Loll and Bonnie, but if it doesn't follow the rules, please delete! I used watercolor, stamping and wet embossing. Thanks for a fun challenge ladies! I love the inspiration even though I'm not to good at this CAS Mixed Media stuff. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful challenge this month. I used distress markers for my option...hmmm, hope that is acceptable. I see gelatos mentioned but not sure about the distress markers.
    I'm sure this is going to be a huge success for you, Bonnie and Loll.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab start to your new challenge, Bonnie and Loll! It's obviously going to be a very successful and very popular challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great start! I wish I had time to play this week. As soon as spring break hits I will be playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations, Loll and Bonnie ... what a gallery already! So enjoyed playing along, thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a fun challenge, Loll and Bonnie - I will look forward to playing each month!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Have a good start! great samples! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome, happy to be participating in numero uno! Awesome turn-out by the peeps in Bloglandia!

    ReplyDelete